Included is one female Electric Blue Crayfish of the Procambarus Alleni variety. This will be a young adult that is around 2 to 3 inches long, but she will grow up to 5 to 6 inches long as an adult and become a more intense blue as she grows.
These are very active crayfish that do not spend all of their time under rocks. They are well known for keeping tanks clean and free of waste. NOTE: We recommend a tank size minimum of 30 gallons for this crayfish when it is fully grown.
Though crayfish are NOT friendly to other aquarium inhabitants, they can often live with fast-moving fish and animals that are not bottom-dwellers. They are fairly slow and only a sick fish would be able to be caught by the crayfish. We keep them with guppies and fire red cherry shrimp, and have never seen a death, but we cannot guarantee that dwarf shrimp will be completely safe if kept with a large crayfish. Also, they may eat live plants, though some are worse about destroying plants than others. They can live in almost any freshwater aquarium and are among the toughest freshwater tank inhabitants available to the hobby.
This is the blue variant of this species, with pink, orange, and white specimens also being available. We also offer a male electric blue crayfish, as well as a male/female pair.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.5 to 8.5
– Temperature range: 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Soft to hard
– Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Fast-moving fish (such as danios, guppies, etc.). Cichlids can be aggressive towards crayfish and should not be kept in the same tank.
– Additional notes: Crayfish prefer foods like invertebrate pellets or blanched vegetables, but will also eat fish food and algae wafers. Crayfish molt periodically and sometimes eat their old exoskeleton.
- Caution should be exercised when keeping large crayfish; the rule is, if it can catch it, it will try to eat it.
- Will breed with a male mate in home freshwater aquariums! They ship as 2 to 3 inch long young adults.
- As with all of our crayfish, the coloration of the Electric Blue crayfish is EXTREMELY high quality – much higher quality than others on the market!
- This crayfish may TEMPORARILY change color after molting, which may occur during shipping. If your crayfish is not blue and you find a molt in the bag or in your aquarium, do not worry; this is normal and the bright color will return in 2 weeks or less.