The striking sky blue coloration of these Sky Blue Velvet Shrimp adds elegance and a soothing ambiance to any aquarium set-up! These shrimp look stunning, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! They are very active and breed very quickly. These are the same species as Red Cherry Shrimp and Neon Yellow Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi, formerly Neocaridina heteropoda). Care requirements for Blue Velvet Shrimp are essentially the same as Red Cherry Shrimp, and they are just as prolific. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age.
These are freshwater shrimp and are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks. Many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control.
Some younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will become a bright blue color as long as they are comfortable in the tank.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.0 to 8.0
– Temperature range: 72 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
– Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
– Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for – similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow hygro, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.
- These shrimp feature striking sky blue coloration!
- Dwarf shrimp are very small and are not ideal for aquariums with medium to large-sized fish. Please research dwarf shrimp before purchasing to ensure compatibility with your tank’s inhabitants.
- This shrimp will be a breeding age young adult that will breed in a home freshwater aquarium! The shrimp will range from 1/2 to 1 inch in length.
- All Aquatic ArtsTM (formerly InvertObsessionTM) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
- Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate helps these shrimp achieve the brightest blues.